Sunday, February 1, 2009

New equipment !

Hi everyone,

Now that the holiday season is long gone , I figured maybe now would be a good time to share with you some recent progressions in Amelia's journey .

As some of you parents that have a child with C.I's know , sometimes these wonderful devices that bring so much to your child's world and yours, can go kaput and trying to get things working right can be a uphill battle. Amelia has now had the experience. We have had the whole unit on the right replaced.. It seems her original equipment liked to shut off on its own, and Amelia is just a little to young yet to let us know if its not working. However she has figured out that she can just unplug herself when she does not want to hear Mommy raise her voice when she decides she wants to go on the misbehaving bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to take a moment to share with you a little moment I had with my little girl this weekend. As most Friday nights go I make the trek from Toronto to the Haliburton Highlands to see my family that I miss so much during the week. As always Amelia likes the whole house to be awake when she is up and about bringing havoc to the house hold here. This Saturday was a morning I wont soon forget .. Amelia woke me up , and did we ever have a interesting talk.. She was telling me a very very important story, I could tell it was important cause of her facial expressions. I only understood a couple of words , but the most important thing is she is trying to form the words, and that truly is special to watch. As we talked ,we made some play doe kitty cats , which was alot of fun , specially with play doe in your hair.

As most of you know the past year has been one of great progression. I have watched so much from a far, and at times I know I felt so lost , cause I could not be there the way I wanted too. As a Dad there were times when I felt like I was letting my little girl , her big brother , and my wife down. Thats easy to do when you spend to much time alone. I am so lucky to have the family I do , and I am so very blessed to have the friends that I have made the past few months. The people I met just a very short few months ago , have meant so much to me .. I could never thank them enough for everything they have done , by just listening and letting me vent...laugh , and even cry when I have felt the need too.. I wont go naming names but I can tell u 3 of them have been like Angels to me , and for someone who has no idea what religion means , I need to thank god for helping me find them.

Well thats about all for now... I will update again soon.

Till then... grab your mate , grab your friends...hold them and hug them... you need it more then you know ... The love of a friend... is the best love of all cause you choose to give it..that makes it the best kind of love.

Peace

Amelia's Daddy

No comments: