Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Journey really begin's

Well the time has come , time to welcome my little lady into this world of hearing.

On April 8th 08 Amelia had bi lateral cochlear implant surgery . I can not put into word's the emotion that was felt at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto that day. 3 Weeks later and most of it has become a blur, but one thing is for sure, if little Ms Amelia hears her Mommy's voice really for the first time, then really all the stress and sleepless nights , will only seem like the smallest of mountains that needed to be conquered .

This Thursday May 8 is Amelia's activation day... My nails are gone, but hey whats a dad suppose to do, its better than smoking right?

Ill updste this, even though I know it wont be read by anyone. But still it helps me.. Lets me get stuff off my chest... I need to make room for my part in Amelia's journey sound, and all the little things we all seem to take for granted!

3 comments:

Bill and Shelly said...

Our daughter, Allison started her journey in Jan 2005 and recieved her 2nd implant surgery on April 21of this year. Allison has made amazing gains and will be heading to K in a typical classroom in the fall. It is a wonderful thing that we live in this day and age when technology has allowed the deaf to hear.

Drew's Mom said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on Drew's blog. There is not a day that goes by that we do not give thanks for the gift of hearing.

I can't wait to read more about Amelia's story and I look forward to her activation and the many, many hearing moments ahead. It's an amazing world we live in!

auntangie said...

I'm Drew's Aunt Angie, and wanted to wish you all the very, very BEST this Thursday! Your comment about the nails had me laughing out loud -- the day of Drew's surgery, I was drawing blood on mine until I heard that he was out of surgery and OK. But, like his Mom said, what an EXCITING time it's been since then!

Amelia and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best Wishes to you all!